Date: March 17, 2020
Muskingum County Board of Developmental Disabilities Response to COVID-19 / Coronavirus
We continue to monitor the fast-moving situation with the COVID-19, although there have not been any confirmed cases in Muskingum County, the State of Ohio has declared public emergencies in the wake of COVID-19, and we are following guidance from state and local health officials by implementing policies to reduce risk.
At the Muskingum County Board of Developmental Disabilities (MCBDD), we will continue to base our decisions on the fact that we serve a vulnerable population that requires access to our services and supports. Therefore, we have a responsibility to do everything we can to make sure we are not putting people at risk.
Our response plan:
- Effective immediately the MCBDD administrative office will be operating with limited access. Visitors are not permitted in the buildings unless they have an appointment scheduled.
- Beginning on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 through Friday April 3, 2020, MCBDD employees (currently Developmental Specialists/Service and Support Administrators/Community Services Fiscal Specialist/EI Therapy) who are able and willing to complete work remotely and have been given permission for mobile working as much as his/her role permits, will be permitted for mobile working. These employees who are mobile working will remain available to those on their caseload by phone and/or email.
- Employees have been asked to limit the number of in-person meetings only to those that are necessary or those that their job function requires direct care.
- Employees are being provided access with technology to hold meetings virtually, which includes phone and video access.
- Any and all agency events events are cancelled. This includes training, advocacy events, play groups, etc. We will provide updates via social media regarding these events.
- We will continue to monitor this situation closely, adhering to recommendations from public health officials, and we will update our stakeholders as needed.
- We remain committee to being there for the people we serve.
- If you have any specific questions, feel free to call your Service and Support Administrator (SSA) or Early Intervention Developmental Specialist or call 740-453-4829. In case of emergencies, please call 1-888-905-0787.
Kellie Brown, Superintendent